Simpson Hybrid is the only FIA 8858-2010 Approved Head and Neck Restraint on the market that protects during front, offset and side impacts.
The Hybrid have the the lowest profile in the industry, this device will move with you for quick entry and exit from the race car. The strap design offers excellent maneuverability. The device sits on your back/shoulders, not over the chest or collarbone as with the old HANS-type device. The design also give a better contact with the car and keeps the driver/co-driver more fixed to the seat.
The Hybrid ships Race Ready with Quick Disconnect Helmet Anchors.
The Hybrid is approved according to the latest FIA standards for Head and Neck Retstraints, FIA 8858-2010.
It can be used withouth special designed HANS-Belts or HANS-Seat.
- High quality carbon fiber construction
- Unrivaled angular impact protection and device stability
- Low profile. No high back to hook on the bars on exit
- Multiple load paths to dissipate head loads
- Buckle attachment in front. No bulky straps underneath
- Ships race ready - M6 Anchor System and installation manual
If your helmet is currently fitted for a HANS Device you can easily upgrade to a Simpson Head and Neck Restraint/Simpson hardware corresponds to the same location.
Weight 1090 gram complete.